Monday, April 7, 2014

Write the Vision (Habakkuk 2:2)

And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it." 
~Habakkuk 2:2

When I first started our PSR Camp blog, I was a bit discouraged about how many people were visiting our page on Blogspot.

Specifically, no one.

I thought that a post about California rules concerning wages for recreational employees was pretty neat. I included the room and board exclusions as determined by state law, and provided a wage scale that showed how camp was in compliance. This is important information; it shows how professional we are to our customers and also shows are employees (& their parents) how we build our camp contracts.

Important, but not very interesting.

For awhile I stopped blogging, but then gained some encouragement during our Leadership Retreat in March. We talked about all of the things we were planning on doing this summer; so many ideas were bouncing around that it was hard to keep track. When everything was said and done, we had page after page of detailed plans on how our team was going to build a camp experience for every camper, staff, visitor, & parents in 2014.

It was such a real, pure joy to work with people who love camp and want to see it succeed. That is what really inspired me to work on this blog again, so that I could share some of those ideas with all of you. I hope to follow the advice that God gave to Habakkuk; it's really good advice.

1) Write down your plans,
2) Make those plans clear,
3) Share those plans with others & they will share it with others.

As I've been traveling around to different schools and churches, the number one question people still ask me is, "Will camp be open this summer?" I love telling them that the answer is 'yes' and I wish I could tell everyone who still doesn't know.

If you're reading our blog and following our plans, tell a friend that camp is open and help us spread the word.

Blessings!

~Jeremy

P.S. We've had several hundred blog views in the last 2 weeks.
P.P.S. Here are four more pages of the camp brochure.




No comments:

Post a Comment