Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Crown Like No Other


PSR CHRISTIAN CAMP: NEWS OF THE DAY

   I spent several minutes this week developing different artwork for our Sabbath uniform shirts. Due to our desire at PSR Camp to create original content (and avoid piracy of other people's work), I created a 'Crown of Thorns' piece in Adobe Illustrator that was not well received by the people I asked for an honest appraisal. 

   Here is that artwork:
Attempt #1: Crown of Thorns (5/21/14)

   I think I agree that it's entirely too thick and pretty unpolished. I was pretty happy with it for all of two minutes, and then I made a second attempt today.

   Here is that artwork:

Attempt #2: Crown of Thorns (5/22/14)


   Much better, I hope. (Are the thorns too small?)

Attempt #3: Crown of Thorns (5/28/14)

   This is a different angle, forward facing with a darker top/front to provide perspective.

   I know that some of our staff might feel uncomfortable wearing a shirt that displays such a recognizable Christian symbol; I might even include myself in that group.

   I learned growing up that displaying a cross on a t-shirt doesn't make someone a Christian, but I have also heard people tell the most heartfelt stories about a special Christian tattoo or piece of Christian-themed jewelry that personally means so much to them. While I won't directly equate a tattoo to a 3" x 3" symbol on a removable tee, I am curious about how people feel about displaying these kinds of markers.

   If you have an opinion you'd like to share, go ahead and leave it in the comment section below (invitation extended at the risk of having no comments).

   We'll see you at camp soon!

-Jeremy

P.S. I'm getting to blog format ready for summer camp, this is one simple design I have been working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment