Saturday, June 7, 2014

Among Thorns & Thunder

PSR Outpost 2012
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of God, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

~II Corinthians 3:18

Last summer, when I sat down to write 'Little Shadows' our 2013 Outpost play, I was primarily worried about things like entertainment value, avoiding certain cliches, and improving my writing. The Outpost play in 2011 that I was responsible for (affectionately titled 'Untitled Outpost Project') had started strong and finished strong, but the middle was a complicated mess that I could barely watch unfold on Tuesday nights.

This summer, I felt the pressure of doing an even better job each time I sat down to write. This will be the first 3-part Outpost performed after the fire and in the new fort and at the new tepees. I also wanted it to have a stronger message after watching a film producer & writer talk about the power of stories.

Through stories we can showcase the struggles of others to make good decisions, and also see characters face the consequences of their actions. Good doesn't win every day in the real world, but as a believer in Christ I am certain in the final victory over evil.

The play we're currently planning to produce, 'Among Thorns & Thunder' is something that I  hope will not just be a fun project for all of the cast but also transform them into characters that will deliver a powerful message to our audience. (I also can't wait to meet the people who are going to turn these stories into memories for our camp family.)

We'll see you soon!

~Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment