Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Staff Profile: Edward Rebolledo (Self-Defense)

Edward as a Roman Soldier on Sabbath
    
     Remember back in the day when people wrote bios for Facebook and nobody read them? This is like that, but not at all, in any way. I've asked some staff members to write be a short profile of themselves and why they work at camp. I'll be posting them occasionally through the camp season.

     This week I've asked Edward Rebolledo, our Self-Defense Instructor, to share his with us. Here's what he wrote:


    "Hi! I’m Edward and I’m the self-defense instructor here at PSR. As a former pathfinder, I’m also part of our Special Drill Team. I was a camper myself at PSR for eight years and loved it enough to spend a summer as a counselor-in-training and after leaving on hiatus, I’ve finally come back to try and give back to this camp everything that it gave me.

     My favorite memory at camp as a camper was being able to grow spiritually, especially my last year as a camper. At PSR you become so much more connected to everything around you and that sort of spiritual tranquility is priceless.


     As a staff member, I have really enjoyed being able to minister to kids and really try to reach them. Another benefit is being surrounded by genuinely caring souls from the 2015 staff."

We really appreciate the work Edward is doing here at PSR. Stay tuned for more staff profiles and don't forget tonight's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment