Friday, July 17, 2015

Staff Profile: Charisse de Belen (Videographer)

Charisse During Staff Training
It's been a while since I've posted a staff profile, but we are back again this week and this time we are hearing from Charisse de Belen, the camp videographer. Here's what she has to say:

"If I were to make a list of my favorite things, near the top would be the night sky and being part of a well-functioning team. When I was given the opportunity to join the Pine Springs Ranch staff this summer, I figured I would get to experience those two things, but I didn’t expect just how abundant and rich those experiences would be.

I've encountered plenty of people who have been camp staff members at some point in their lives, and several years ago, I came to the conclusion that they are a whole other breed of human. They are enthusiastic, dedicated, and loving people who pick up any challenge you throw at them with smiles on their faces. Seeing this, I decided I wanted to work at camp one day to learn what makes them that way.

When I finally got the chance, I wasn’t expecting it to be here. I live in Washington and go to school in Tennessee, and I knew a total of maybe three other PSR staff members before I arrived. I wasn’t sure how I—who had never been a camper or worked at camp before in my life—would fit in with all these Californians who already knew each other, but my worries were quickly wiped away.

The way each staff member interacts with each other and with the campers, it is very clear that God has rooted Himself deeply in each of them. There’s no way we would have the strength to do our jobs by ourselves, but the faith and camaraderie that flows through this staff is absolutely powerful.

Being part of the media team, I am blessed to be able to witness and share the incredible things that happen here at PSR. When I look up at the stars while I’m taking down after evening programs, or when I listen to campers talk at the end of each week about everything they experienced and how much they look forward to returning next year, I know there are great things happening here. I look forward to seeing what the rest of the summer brings."

We are extremely proud of the work she is doing both with the kids and behind the camera. Charisse has been an extremely valued member of our team.

I'll be bringing you more profiles soon, but in the mean time stay tuned to our daily blog and don't forget to check out our daily photos on Instagram and Ultracamp. Until next time,          -Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment