Friday, July 11, 2014

Thursday: Junior Week #1

Nachos, Ice Cream, & Popcorn
THURSDAY
   Breakfast: Egg omelettes, crisscut fries, fruit, toast, cereal selection, and juice.
   Lunch: Macaroni & cheese, rice, peas, salad bar, and brownies for dessert. 
   Dinner: Vegetarian hot dogs, beans, watermelon, and salad bar.

DAY OFF REPORT
   I left this morning on my day off, but not before ensuring that campers made it to their morning activities. When I got back to camp this evening I watched the camper do laser tag, eat the items in the photo caption, and play basketball.
   Tonight I also went to cabin Mojave and told a bedtime story (don't worry, it wasn't scary) but otherwise the leadership team and the staff report it was a relaxed and nice Thursday afternoon. I am really looking forward to seeing the wakeboarding campers arrive back at PSR tomorrow afternoon, (I want to see if they used enough sunscreen) and then engage everyone in our camp pageant program.
   Tomorrow the cabin rotation groups will have an opportunity to sign up for activities in the morning, we are trying this out this summer so campers have more opportunities to practice decision-making skills. I have seen campers negotiating with each other regarding the AM Friday rotations, with some success (and a bit of frustration). I think they'll be able to work it out tomorrow during breakfast.

   Wishing all of our parents, grandparents, and camp family a good night!

~Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment