Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday: Junior Week #1

WEDNESDAY
   Breakfast: Eggs, tater tots, toast, veggie patties, canned fruit, selection of cereal, and juice.
   Lunch: Full pasta bar with tortellini, spaghetti, red & white sauce, salad bar, bread sticks, and ice cream bars.
   Dinner: Pizza! need I say more? 

MY TOP THREE
   #1: I almost went swimming with cabins Mohawk, Mojave, and Blackfoot today. They were really having a great time and I didn't want to interrupt them by making my own splash in the pool.    
   #2: The girls were up at the archery range today! Cabins Cheyenne and Arapaho were all shooting for the bullseye and acquitted themselves well. I hope that someday these campers will decide to work at camp and pass on the things their learning to the next generation of campers.
   #3: It was Iroquois vs. Comanche (aka boys vs, girls) today at field games. I watched them all play for a bit, and both teams were pretty into the game. I didn't stick around to see who won, but I did see both groups really playing their hearts out!

PARENTS & CAMP  
  So far I haven't received a lot of personal requests to check on specific campers/or cabins. I do closely monitor the nurse's station (I saw a camper pull out his own loose baby tooth today without any hesitation or even a flinch), reports of bullying/teasing, unsporting behavior, etc... but so far the campers are very well behaved and generally a pleasure to be around. As the week continues this may change, but I am happy to report that things really are running well.
   Tomorrow I will be going on my day-off, but I will still try to post some information to help lessen any anxieties.   

STAFF & CAMP
   Today Hazel and Indiana arrived at camp! Hazel is a rabbit (i.e. Watership Down) and Indiana is a corn snake (Indiana is named after a character from a famous four part tetralogy). Indiana is only a few weeks old, but he's very calm and nice. Hazel isn't particularly brave like his namesake but we're still hoping that they'll both bring joy to our campers. Hazel and Indiana are joining Miss Velvet (a fancy mouse) and our camp turtle (who also now has a name that escapes me).

TOMORROW 
   The camper will be part of our secret Thursday Night relay program...
   Laser tag anyone?...
   Cabin Seminole decided to stay in the camp tepees tonight, we'll let you know how it goes tomorrow...

   Wishing all of our parents, grandparents, and camp family a good night!

~Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment