Thursday, July 7, 2016

Hello from Junior Camp #1 (Wednesday & Thursday)

WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY

I'm glad to be at camp this week, so many things have been happening down the mountain and around the country that it's nice to be away from it all at Pine Springs Ranch. The campers are having fun and we're having a blast with them every day.

I have been up and down the mountain several times in the past couple days, so I haven't spent a lot of time with the campers. I wish I had a lot more to report about camp, so I'll try to create a really good blogpost tomorrow for our most avid followers. Things are going so well at PSR this week, but now that thought brings me very little joy because of the events that have transpired to the north of us.  

I'm sure some of our parents have heard about the two staff from Camp Big Lake in Oregon and Camp Wawona in the Central CA Conference who've recently passed away. Even though those two individuals weren't working at PSR Camp, their loss has been deeply felt by those who knew them here at camp and elsewhere around the country. A camp staff is really like a family and I find myself unable to imagine how we would deal with that kind of tragedy. We're doing our best to care for the staff who are hurting while also rotating our staff around so that people have a chance to grieve before coming back on duty.

This is our smallest session of camp, which really bothered me a week ago. However, if we had more campers here this week, we wouldn't be able to rotate the staff to give some people a bit of extra time off. I'm not sure what God's plan is but I'm bolstered by the small things we're able to do everyday to help each other during these difficult times.

Blessings,

-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment